Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hello again ...it's another update from Congress.

Hello, I have come back online with more interesting and useful information from the Senate Chamber.

Today, we have found time to gather into our Committee Groups. At first, I was not quite sure which group I belonged to. I'm quite sure that I am in the Environmental and Public Works Committee. It seems correct mainly because since last Wednesday 10/27 while the Speaker of the House (Annabel Wallace) was calling out each Committee in terms of signing up for one of them, I remembered standing up for the Environmental and Public Works Committee and that was when I was told that I was in that Committee.

Anyways, what we did today was after we gathered into our committees, our task for our committee was to find a bill on our Committees Website that we believed that we would want to support. Our goal was to find a bill to review and since we didn't have one at the moment, we had to find one on the Environmental Committee's website that we thought would best suit our purpose. Also, since everybody in my group, including myself, is considered a Democrat, we decided to pick an issue from the Minority Page and with much deliberation, we have decided to choose the issue of National Security and Energy Independence. We did think of using Global Warming as our original Issue but that was out of the question. We wanted to choose a bill that seemed important and that needed a lot of awareness.

In the meantime, we will continue our research on the following Bill and will post more information soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment